JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can one restrict the PIN requirement to relevant apps only?

(Topic created: 10-24-2020 02:15 PM)
usertCnqwuIXPk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

A few weeks ago I have enabled SamsungPay on my watch and I am pretty happy with it. It works nicely and is very convenient. What I totally hate tough, is - that as a consequence - I now always need to enter a PIN to log into my watch.

Apparently I carry my watch rather loosely (otherwise I start sweating underneath) and so the watch constantly falls back into the locked mode. And it's getting darn annoying constantly having to enter the PIN just to start a timer or look up a calender entry or respond to a message or whatever watch function I am trying to use!

Of course I perfectly accept that for safety reasons I need to login before doing *payments* and have to key in my PIN before that but the rest of the watch's functionality should - as before - really NOT require that! I am already considering to disable SamsungPay again just because these constant PIN entries are really getting on my nerves.

Can one not limit that PIN requirement somehow to specific apps only?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy Watch

On my GW I have this choise in the security menu: "Use PIN for ..."

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy Watch

On my GW I have this choise in the security menu: "Use PIN for ..."

usertCnqwuIXPk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Brilliant! I have tyo admit I had missed that option. I hadn't looked on the Watch itself since so far I always configured the watch via the phone and the Galaxy Wearable application. But that's now exactly what I wanted. Thanks!

Thanks also to DonCorneo! Unfortunately one can only accept one solution so I picked the earlier response.

0 Likes
DonCorneo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
If you have a S3 (mine is the Frontier), go into settings, then find Security. Click 'Lock' and then choose your setting in 'Use for'. Mine is set for 'Payments only'.
0 Likes