Original topic:

Can someone confirm Watch 7 Charger Compatability

(Topic created: yesterday)
dja2k
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
So they say Watch 7 and Ultra use a new 15 watt charger. From what I see un testing, it's the same as the one for Watch 6. Am I mistaken?

Also I used to charge my Watch 6 with the Samsung Duo Wireless Charger without issues. I know it was a slower charging speed. But Samsung says not to use prior Chargers fir Watch 7 or Ultra. šŸ¤”
0 Likes
10 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi! The watch 6 uses a 10 watt charger. Also, Samsung is right, you really shouldn't use the charger from previous watches. But if you really need to, that's all right. I just probably wouldn't use it all the time.
dja2k
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Reason I asl is that almost everyone charges their watch overnight. So sitting on a 15 Watt charger vs sitting on a slower charger still depends on the watch hitting 100% and stop charging.
sullins
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Something else to remember is that since the new watches no longer support Qi, reverse wireless charging doesn't work anymore.
dja2k
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes I am aware of the removal of reverse wireless charging. I am also curious on using the new Samsung power bank with wireless charging. Says Wireless Charging output (Galaxy, Buds, Galaxy Watch) but only rated at 7.5 Watts. So um what Samsung doesn't want us to use it on New Watch 7 nor Ultra also?
0 Likes
sullins
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I think that may also use Qi since it also charges the buds, so it'll only support watch6 and older
dja2k
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Watch 7 charges fine at lower speed.
0 Likes
sullins
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Oh, in that case, I'm not sure.
dja2k
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yeah maybe someone from Samsung joins this conversation to clear things up.
0 Likes
sullins
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yeah
0 Likes