Original topic:

Can someone confirm Watch 7 Charger Compatability

(Topic created: 07-28-2024 12:15 PM)
dja2k
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
So they say Watch 7 and Ultra use a new 15 watt charger. From what I see un testing, it's the same as the one for Watch 6. Am I mistaken?

Also I used to charge my Watch 6 with the Samsung Duo Wireless Charger without issues. I know it was a slower charging speed. But Samsung says not to use prior Chargers fir Watch 7 or Ultra. šŸ¤”
24 Replies
MikeyJP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Don't use the trail band much rather then thicker silicone ones. But if you say it is safe - then I will go ahead and play with the wrap around part. That would be OK. Thanks.

dja2k
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Other than slower charging speeds, I haven't had an issue with my duo wireless charger. I leave em overnight charging anyway.
userp1uY39sNos
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I never took the charger that came with my ultra out of the box just like I didn't with the GW6C 47mm.  I'm still using the one that came with my GW5P but I'm going to get the unit from the ultra and see if it makes a difference.

Edit:  I took it out and installed it into my Speigen watch stand and it's not doing anything that the other didn't do.  Dimensionally the same as the GW5P charger so IDK.  Plugged into a 35w Samsung adapter.

0 Likes
CaptAmericaS007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just compared the GW6C charger to the W7/U and the new one has a more concave point of contact than the GW6C one.  So, I think it would be best to use just the GW7/U charger for these devices.

0 Likes
dja2k
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I continued using the Samsung Duo Wireless Charger, which takes longer, but it works just fine on Watch7 and Ultra.
0 Likes