Original topic:

FEATURE REQUEST: Oxygen SpO² Data reporting

(Topic created: 08-03-2024 02:26 PM)
Rayzer
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have been using a dedicated pulse oximeter ring for a couple years. The data reporting has improved dramatically within the application but I have always been able to download the raw data into a CSV file. 

Dedicated pulse oximeter ring software reporting

I am hoping that Samsung will incorporate better software reporting or the ability to export the data. 

Samsung Ultra watch oxygen reports

2 Replies
illetyus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Unfortunately SPO2 is and has always been a "Sleep tracking feature" for Samsung watches.

Samsung will never let you download or measure automatically your SPO2.

Rayzer
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Tracking your SpO² levels while sleeping is important and assists in identifying many sleep disorders. It can help convince a doctor that you need a complete polysomnography that also tests brain waves, the oxygen level in your blood, and your heart rate and breathing during sleep.
Many people aren't aware that private Pilots also need to be concerned with their oxygen saturation levels. The FAA recommends that pilots use supplemental oxygen above 10,000 ft during the day and above 5,000 ft at night. Pilots can use a pulse oximeter to measure their blood oxygen saturation level, which is considered normal at 96–98%. Levels below 90% are a warning sign that pilots may be experiencing hypoxia. To put this in perspective, my home is at 7,400 feet and i expect my oxygen readings to be lower than most peoples.
The Samsung software configuration unfortunately doesn't allow you to set alarm levels, measurement frequency or reports that would enable me to eliminate my dedicated SpO² measurement devices. This is one of the primary reasons I did not invest in the new Samsung ring.
0 Likes