Original topic:

Feature Request: Please allow watch face adjust for wearing the watch on the inside of the wrist

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
AlienAlexGaming
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I like to wear my watch facing the inside of my wrist (towards my body) as it can be a lot easier to look at. 

Would there be a way to integrate a feature into the settings to calibrate the watch and set the watch face direction to outside (normal) or inside. So all you would do is raise your watch to your wrist and the screen comes on.
5 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

You can already set the orientation of the watch. Wear app/watch settings/general/orientation.  This is ostensibly to switch the orientation to be on the left wrist with the buttons on the right and rotate the screen, but you can set it to keep it on your left wrist with the buttons on the left.  Although, I would think it's an awkward movement to manipulate the buttons from that angle.  Try it and see if it works for you.

AlienAlexGaming
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'll give it a shot didn't think about that one
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Although, I don't actually understand why simply turning it to the underside of your wrist would necessitate re-orientating the watch, since the face and buttons will all be facing the direction you need to be able to read it.  I would question the accuracy of the sensors wearing it that way, however.  You can still turn on raise wrist to wake.

I just tried rotating my watch to the underside of my wrist, and it was entirely readable and the buttons were functional, although I did find it extremely difficult to fasten the watch band.

AlienAlexGaming
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
When you have raise wrist turned on and put your hand down watch stay on until timer
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, but you can adjust the time out time. I don't use raise wrist because there are just too many instances of it going on with any wrist movement. Even tap to turn on would be problematic if the watch was on the underside, as brushing against your body could turn it on. On the upside, though, wearing it that way woul probably result in less accidental bumps.
0 Likes