Original topic:

Find My Phone ringer turns off instantly (Watch 7 / Flip 5)

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
NBB5f2v
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi,

I am using a Z Flip 5 (Unlocked) with a Galaxy Watch 7.

I recently upgraded from a Watch Active 2. I would regularly use the "find my phone" feature to locate my phone even when it was nearby in the same room as me because I am somewhat forgetful. With my Active2, the ringer stayed on until I turned it off on either my phone or the watch. With my GW7, when I am within 50 feet or so of my phone the watch immediately reads, "Found your phone!" and the ringer on the phone shuts off. This makes the function effectively useless to me in my apartment. This is troubling, because this was one of the most frequently used features for me with my GW Active 2.

I have checked both the watch and the phone for any sort of precise device location settings and come up blank. My Flip 5 does not have "Ultra-wideband" precise location tracking in the Connections settings. As far as I can tell there is no settings menu for the Find My Phone app/feature on the watch itself or in the Wearable/SmartThings apps on my phone.

If anyone has any advice on how to make the Find My Phone ringer persist until manually turned off, like it did with my old watch, I'd appreciate it.

0 Likes
1 Reply
BrianRojo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is happening to me too
0 Likes