Original topic:

Flip screen orientation for right wrist?

(Topic created: 09-04-2021 05:07 PM)
Josh313
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was wondering if anyone knows how to flip the orientation of the screen so I can wear my watch 4 on my right wrist so the buttons face out instead of in? It's really awkward trying to take a BIA measurement. I noticed while charging the screen will orient whichever way you're holding it but when off the charger it goes back to its default orientation only.
6 Replies
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've seen several people try apps to get it to change orientation without success.
Bs2209
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sorry buddy unfortunately Samsung doesn't make a left-handed watch and they never really thought to make the orientation flippable for that purpose at least as far as I've heard
0 Likes
Josh313
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

If they could just give you the option to flip the screen then you would have the option to make it either a right or left handed watch, that easy.

0 Likes
poky3210
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes they do the watch 4 asked in the setup somewhere what wrist you where the watch on
0 Likes
Josh313
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

While they may ask you which wrist you wear the watch on it does not flip the screen 180 degrees so the watch buttons face outward, you have to wear it with the buttons inward which makes it very awkward to take a BIA measurement resting your ring and middle finger on the buttons to take a measurement.

0 Likes
marty313
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

The instructions in the "Samsung Health Monitor" app for setting up blood pressure measurements make no assumption on which wrist you wear the Galaxy Watch 4. The ECG application however assumes it is worn on the left wrist. (If you were to wear the watch upside down on your right wrist, the red home button that functions as ECG electrode would point down; also the ECG (which resembles lead I) would be upside down; the ECG app would need to invert the recording amplitude.

0 Likes