Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 6 Constantly Pausing Charge when using Galaxy watch 4 adapter

(Topic created: 04-02-2024 05:23 PM)
user7O4G1Vtm5E
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

After only 5 minutes or so connected to the charger my Watch 6 shows a "CHarging Paused" message  and will actually discharge from that point. What do I do about this? I cannot ever get a full charge on the watch. 

9 Replies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
What are you charging it with? Does it have a case with metal in or around it?
user7O4G1Vtm5E
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

The little round disc wireless USB charger

0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
What charging brick? The old Samsung ones aren't that good or the 2.5W bricks aren't enough as well.
user7O4G1Vtm5E
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

It's not a brick. It's a round disk. I've used it before on my Galaxy 4 watch. Does it not work on the 6?

0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes you need the newer one and also that's the cable and not the wall charger. Some of them don't draw enough or too much because it doesn't support PPS. If I was at home I can show you exactly why it's happening. I have the GW3 and GW6 cables and I have a various amount of chargers. There is a difference between the 2 cables.
user7O4G1Vtm5E
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Unfortunately, I'm away from home this week (which is why I was using that charger. I'm pretty sure I have the one that came with the watch at home. I'll try that next week.

user6vchPHGb81
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
What kind of wall adapter does it need? Kind of annoying that they didn't include one, if a specific speed of adapter is required.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

You have to use the new charging puck that came with the watch the old pucks don't provide enough power 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

user6vchPHGb81
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for that. I assumed I could use my Watch4 adapter. Oddly enough, it charged the first time. But once the watch was set up, it wouldn't charge again. When it wouldn't charge, I contacted Samsung, and they told me to do a 'reset' on the watch. Never asked about charging setup at all.
0 Likes