Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 7 charger (EP-OL300)

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
WillieJoe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to share some information I learned after about 4 phone calls and several hours with Samsung support.

The charger that is "in the box" for the galaxy watch 7 has a base part # EP-OL300.

Unfortunately this charger is not yet sold separately but should be in a few months time.

The charger that shipped with the galaxy watch 4,5,6 was EP-OR900 ( think full # EP-OR900BBEGUJ or some variant). This charger will work with the galaxy watch 7 but will charge about 30 % slower than the EP-OL300 which is designed specifically for watch 7.

Hope this maybe helps someone else šŸ˜Š
9 Replies
ExtraSauce70
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Cool to know, switching out the chargers now.
0 Likes
BGood
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Watch 6  Classic and Watch 7 and I'm currently using the charger that came with the Watch 6 Classic for both.  I wonder if there's any problem charging the Classic on the Watch 7 charger?

0 Likes
WillieJoe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Quick answer - No!

There is no problem using galaxy watch 7 charger with watch 6.

The watch 6 will NOT be able to take advantage of the faster charging time though.
Cmurder007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have a watch 7 and the charging pad that came with it works great
0 Likes
WillieJoe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi Cmurder,

I agree completely. I was looking to buy a few extra of the charging "disks or pucks" so can have one in my car and one in bag when travel.

So I wanted to buy extras of the EP-OL300 charging pucks and have the faster charging time.

Unfortunately, the EP-OL300 is not sold as a separate item as of now. But will be in near future.

So I am going to wait to buy the "additional" charging pucks instead of buying the "slower" "older" charging puck designed for the galaxy watch 4,5,6 .
0 Likes
WillieJoe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Some additional information on why the galaxy watch 7 needed a "new" or "different" charger than previous watch models.

Basically the glass shape on the bottom of the watch 7 had to be changed for more accurate health sensing.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-watch-7-ultra-bundled-charger-fastest-charging/
0 Likes
BGood
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

What genius decided to put only a tiny QR (QR-like?) code on the back of both the Watch 6 charger and Watch 7 charger?  My Samsung phone won't read either one so it's not easy to tell which is which.

I've been charging both watches with the Watch 6 charger.  I understand that the Watch 6 can't charge faster with the Watch 7 charger, but I want to be sure it won't cause any damage.  It seems really unlikely, but I would like to be sure.

0 Likes
WillieJoe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
BGood,

I agree completely about the QR code.

Not only is it hard to read - the text from the QR code doesn't seem to tell you the model # šŸ˜”!!

This is the QR code text of the watch 7 charger:

GH96-17240A+RF7X68C1HJ1RTA
BGood
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you, but my S23+ won't read either one!

And why do I always have to do 3-5 Captchas??

0 Likes