Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 7 - screen keeps turning on randomly

(Topic created: 8 hours ago)
Spook3r
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, 

I have the following problem with my Galaxy Watch 7 (44, LTE variant). I have the wrist tilt screen wake up gesture disabled and also the notification screen activation disabled. So the display should only activate when I press the button or touch the screen. However, I notice that this actually is not the case and I observe that the screen often activates randomly on its own throughout the day. This happens with both AoD off and AoD on (where in this case it transitions from the AoD screen to the full active screen). I found no obvious reason, pattern or watch position why/where this should happen and as you may imagine, it is a drain of the battery. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Best Regards 

Jan

2 Replies
Michael Shane
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I can't speak to your entire issue but do have a question/comment. With AoD on, are you sure that your watch is transitioning to the full active screen on its own? I have AoD on (uses less than 2% battery per hour in my 44mm model in limited testing), and the screen is very light sensitive. When a brighter light source hits the face of my watch, it brightens considerably even though the AoD screen is still on. It almost looks like the full screen has been activated. As soon as I move my watch to a darker area, the screen dims again. I personally find this very useful, though it obviously increases the battery drain a little.
Spook3r
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi Michael,

Thanks for looking into this. I think that it is transitioning to the full active screen because in the AoD mode, the second hand on the watchface is not displayed (only the hour and minute is shown). It is only shown in the full active mode. But I notice that the second hand is actually displayed in many occasions when I randomly check the watch when they should be in AoD. 

Jan

0 Likes