Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Range Needs Option To Use an External Heart Rate Monitor

(Topic created: yesterday)
Josh-77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Galaxy Watch 5 Pro LTE and all Galaxy watches after it do not have the ability to connect to a chest strap heart rate monitor eg a Polar H10. Apple watch and some Amazfit watches have this feature.

Without the ability to use a chest strap for accurate heart rate monitoring, the Galaxy watch is lacking in being able to provide accurate heart rate data above around 80 to 90 BPM.

A simple software update to provide this functionality should be all that is needed. Please add this functionality to the Galaxy Watch range.

I was considering upgrading to the Galaxy Watch Ultra but cannot justify the cost for a watch that does not have external HRM functionality.

2 Replies
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would love to use my watch ultra to connect to my NordicTrack Bike to monitor heart rate during a workout. I had to get NordicTrack arm band for this.
Also, Garmin connects from the bike. Just saying...
0 Likes
Josh-77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yep. Samsung needs to lift its game. It's very disappointing that my cheap Amazfit T Rex 2 can use my Polar H10 chest strap and yet my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro LTE which cost more than twice as much doesn't have the ability to do the same thing.

0 Likes