Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 7: disable notification from Health?

(Topic created: 07-29-2024 11:59 AM)
userVO2LXwVj1t
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

On Watch 7 I as a user is no longer allowed to disable the notification from Health because "device requires this permission to operate". It makes zero sense and should absolutely be fixed.

61 Replies
Stuartb57
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the new watch 7. You can no longer disable these health app notifications on the watch. I used to be able to do this on the watch 6 but that option did not migrate to the 7.

userVO2LXwVj1t
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Bump, I'll keep watching this thread until it's fixed or Samsung takes my watch back for a full refund.

JacobD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I use Samsung Health, but I agree 100% that a user should be able to disable these notifications on the watch completely.
userVO2LXwVj1t
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Bump

johnk1973
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Watching this too.

1 daily unwanted notification, 365 per year, 1000+ the life of the watch.

If i sent 1000 unwanted messages to Samsung i would expect the police to show up at my door.

userVO2LXwVj1t
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Update received on August 2, 2024, version L300XXU1AXG2/L3000XM1AXG2/ does NOT fix the issue.

usertz5hPBdIuc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Please grant us the ability to disable the daily "You have set goals, is today the day to meet them?" notification reminder and the "You met your goals yesterday!" notification reminder.

Ideally, allow us to determine which Samsung Health notifications we want on our watch, if any. I didn't set any goals in Samsung Health, but I'm notified about the default goals and prompted to meet them. I don't care about these goals at all, I bought the watch for sleep tracking and every day I'm disturbed with vibrations from these notifications. Unfortunately since you don't allow us the control to disable them, I'm forced to use my watch in DND mode 24/7 which significnatly reduces its functionality. 

Mac-18
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
That would be fantastic, I ended up disabling all of them.
Sxylilmama
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
How did you disable them without using dnd? I have called multiple times about this and no one has been able to answer me on how to turn those notifications off.
Mac-18
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
On your watch go to settings>apps>permission manager>notifications>watch apps> then any of the health services and toggle show notifications.
0 Likes