Original topic:

Galaxy watch 3 and tmobile no standalone

(Topic created: 08-27-2023 01:46 AM)
Pookavelli
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's ridiculous I bought these watches when they came out I was a sprint customer. They worked as standalone devices I never needed my phone near for it to work. I fully switched to tmobile finally and they don't work anymore. I been troubleshooting this watch along with my phone since June 7th and a tech rep finally tells me today that Samsung changed something and these watches can no longer be a standalone. This is crazy because I spent over 500 on these watches for lte service and I'm not even getting internet on my watches nor can we make calls on them. It's robbery. It's a waste if money and either you guys at samsung need to update the software and make them standalone devices as the customers want or all users who have this issue need to be compensated for the money they spent to have a LTE watch. Why would people buy a watch if they always gonna need they phone? Makes no sense when our phones die that's it watch it just a regular piece of jewelry and it's actually stupid for it to be that way. I'm team samsung and team galaxy for sure but this right here got me turned off badly 
23 Replies
Pookavelli
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Wow this is really annoying
0 Likes
Pookavelli
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey just wanted to let everyone know that I finally got these fools at tmobile to fix my  watches with the digits plans at that my watches ring and get texts and data without using Bluetooth I just needed the reight rep and finally got the one

0 Likes
TheBrad
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Not sure how old this thread is. My goal was to have my S4 from Sprint to be a standalone with its own umber. In store I was told no flipping way and a liar that it didn't have its own number.

First thing that you need to be aware of is the samsung watches have eSIMM. This information has to be programmed in by a store employee or care rep since we can't insert their simms they usually sell.

Tell the rep you work with you need their "Watch w/ separate number - taxes incluslded plan" This is exactly what the plan is called in the t mobile site. I now have a full functional unlimited voice sms and data plan with its own phone number.

This should work with any LTE phone

Hope this helps
0 Likes
altrebradnah
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Does this mean that you need to give people your watch number to receive text and calls or is there a way of syncing your watch and phone even with the watch having a stand alone number? Also, can this be done with any Galaxy watch 6 bought from Samsung or Amazon?

0 Likes