Original topic:

Galaxy watch 7 can't send messages via bixby

(Topic created: 08-05-2024 10:58 AM)
userGy7h5ECkIm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have a brand new watch 7 paired with a new s24 ultra and I can't use bixby to send a message via voice on watch it says please make samsung message app my default I use Google messages I had the watch 4 classic it worked fine. My wife has the same issue she had the watch 6 and we both did trade ins to ge these new watches and we can't use a basic feature and chat support was no help so can anyone help me fix this issue. I can't be the only one that is irritated by this 
9 Replies
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Bixby supports only the Samsung Messages app. No word on when they'll fix that issue.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Why not switch to Google Assistant?

userGy7h5ECkIm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I do have it too but I'd like the choice of using either one if that makes sense
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
It makes sense, but right now the only choice seems to be Bixby/Samsung messages or Google Assistant/Google messages.
chanel912
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the same issue. But I thought it's because I need a new watch. I have the active 2. My watch won't receive anymore updates, I figured that's the problem
userGy7h5ECkIm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had that one in the past too it is on tizen os not google so if you want to use it you would need one that has google os the watch 4 classic you might be able to pickup at a Walmart for 99 bucks still
chanel912
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks I will keep that in mind.
Monieca
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here so inconvenient and useless trying to text by voice with Bixby is total failure asks me to make it my default in my phone's settings while Google assistant will do it regardless the thing is I can not hear g assist. To save my life . I've tried all volumes to max still only app who's volume doesn't seem to work is Google assistant on my watch .Yes so frustrating feel like tossing it out my darn window especially when driving
chanel912
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Haha šŸ˜„ Bixby was so annoying I already gave up using it šŸ˜…. ( user of galaxy watch active 2)
0 Likes