cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy watch heart rate sensor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does the sensor stay when it is not in contact with your skin?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No. 

I've had my LTE Active 2 for several months now and sometimes it doesn't monitor your heart rate when it IS touching your skin.  

Frankly I found the heart rate monitor only marginally better than the original Galaxy Sport.  It's the most disappointing aspect of the watch.

Slide the phone higher in my wrist; tighten the band.  Nothing seems to work. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi my Galaxy 42 is a great watch, the only challenge is the non recording of the heart rate sensor during an exercise. I do have my samsung health app linked to upload. The ui show cleary where it stops recording. The watch show a little ? With blank heart rate. The only way is to restart is to take the watch off your arm and immediately put it back. It will be fine till the next event. Try 3 times in 1 hour.

Samsung told me it is cause of my heart rate settings, plus reloaded my software. Still no solution. I believe Samsung knows this, but are playing for time as there are thousands out there with the same fault. Costly replacement or recall.

We need to make this public

, as soon your warrentee will expire

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does it track all the way with HR 120+ ?

Mine switched off when i was sometimes at 150 HR..

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When it actually monitors my heart rate it has gone higher than 150.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMod23 wrote:

The pedometer and heart rate sensor may not work properly on some watches with a specific software version. The issue will be resolved by a software update. For a temporary solution, reboot the watch when the problem is detected, and then disable the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine setting. (The menu options may vary by the watch.)

Do we know when this update is going to happen? I had this same issue with my 42mm watch so I exchanged it and the new one is doing the same thing. It takes my heart rate just fine when I go in and tap on "measure" but when it's in a workout mode and supposed to be on continuous it drops out. I went for a 3 mile walk today and the heart rate was dropped out for 3/4 of the walk. And I've had all the workout detections toggled off since day 1.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How is this SOLVED? People are still constantly reporting issues as of October 3rd. This looks really bad, Samsung.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Problem is still occurring for many.  Here's an article:  https://www.sammobile.com/2018/10/02/no-fix-galaxy-watch-issues/

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem on my 46mm LTE, and my wife also on her 42mm LTE, this is bad. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Watch: Galaxy Watch

Connection: Bluetooth

I managed to get my heart rate functioning somewhat normally, by turning off the diagnostic software on the watch. 

Symptom: Watch Heart Rate Monitor stops intermittently. In my case the Heart Rate is set to "Always" and Stress is set to "Always" and the heart rate sensor would periodically stop functioning, which always resulted in me rebooting the watch.

Solution that worked for me: Turn off the Diagnostic software in "About Watch" 

Steps:

1. Go To Settings on your Watch
  2. Go To About Watch
  3. Turn off option "Report diagnostic and usage info"
  4. Reboot the watch

*Note: There still seems to be a problem with the Heart Rate Monitor when you take the watch off and put it back on (i.e. taking it of to hop in the shower), but a reboot seems to solve that one. 

Hope this helps!