Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy watch heart rate sensor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@JCSoldier wrote:

Watch: Galaxy Watch

Connection: Bluetooth

I managed to get my heart rate functioning somewhat normally, by turning off the diagnostic software on the watch. 

Symptom: Watch Heart Rate Monitor stops intermittently. In my case the Heart Rate is set to "Always" and Stress is set to "Always" and the heart rate sensor would periodically stop functioning, which always resulted in me rebooting the watch.

Solution that worked for me: Turn off the Diagnostic software in "About Watch" 

Steps:

1. Go To Settings on your Watch
  2. Go To About Watch
  3. Turn off option "Report diagnostic and usage info"
  4. Reboot the watch

*Note: There still seems to be a problem with the Heart Rate Monitor when you take the watch off and put it back on (i.e. taking it of to hop in the shower), but a reboot seems to solve that one. 

Hope this helps!

You meant that works correctly during light activity or during workout? I'm asking because if I move slowly the HR seems to work smooth  but I the problem appear only while I am driving my car when I receive 180bpm or while doing activity where I are minutes without recordings.

Thank you! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I don't see any changes with DIAGNOSTIC turned off, I found the hr measuring and the results 2 minutes ago even the hr is set to always on and I was testing, not moving.

I'm afraid looks more like a hardware issue as the hr cannot measure constantly every single second with hr always on. My old gear S3 was reading every time, no matter if I was running, I staying or driving my car.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well...Mine wasn't even working consistently with light activity, there were lots of gaps in the heart monitoring data and the heart rate monitor would stop working every couple of hours. During activity/workout, I had more consistent results but there were a couple of times that heart rate monitor dropped out, but came right back. However, that could have been due to wrist placement.  Prior to turning off the diagnostics, I did experience the heart rate racing up to 205 while driving. After I turned it off, my heart rate was in normal ranges when I drove  home. The heart rate monitor is still going since yesterday morning when I turned it off.  I suspect polling from the diagnostics may contribute to it, but that is for Samsung to figure out. I only reported what worked for me in hopes that it would help others with the same issue. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HR not working for me here. How do you fix this.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see the diqgnistic but where is the usage info?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great tip, worked right away. Had a hard time believing my HR was 121 while driving home from work. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I looked everywhere. My phone doesn't have the option to report or not report. I have a 44 ml Galaxy Active 2 LTE version.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They  need. Get  It. This fix 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Couldn't have said it any better.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

according to Samsung, nobody has reported this issue. This is from an email that I received from Samsung support earlier today.

As of now there are no reported issues regarding this. However, I suggest you to send in the watch for a physical evaluation to the Samsung service center to get it repaired. 

This is just annoying. And this came after I told them that I just had the watch replaced yesterday. I have had the watch for one day, and they want to see if the problem is due to an outside influence.