JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch3 battery drain overnight

(Topic created: 01-16-2021 01:34 PM)
user1fs9wFnMRv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had my galaxy 3 watch for less than a week and so far...pretty disappointed. I "upgraded" from a Fitbit charge 3 so the reduced battery time is a bit frustrating. But it drains to 0% overnight? First couple of nights it was sitting around 20-30% and I put it in goodnight mode and each morning it was dead. I've turned off the wifi, location and optimised the battery. Last night it was at 60% when I went to bed thinking this surely will last the night. But no. Flat as a tack this morning. How can I fix this? One of my favourite things about the Fitbit was the sleep tracking 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userGcWBQZSsLX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
after a software update my original Galaxy watch exhibited a similar problem. I reset the watch to factory and that problem went away giving me the best battery life I've ever had. it's possible that would fix your issue! Make sure you back up your settings before you do it, if you've set up lots of features!

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
userGcWBQZSsLX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
after a software update my original Galaxy watch exhibited a similar problem. I reset the watch to factory and that problem went away giving me the best battery life I've ever had. it's possible that would fix your issue! Make sure you back up your settings before you do it, if you've set up lots of features!
userQShCiRF7Ro
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Agreed, factory reset solves lots of problems...

But I actually don't restore my old configuration after reset just in case there's some odd setting in my old config that may be transferred to the newly reset watch.  I just take the time to reconfigure everything over again.  If there are lots of settings, I just take pics of the screens so I can replicate them.

I do the same whenever I get a new phone, I just rebuild the environment I want to see from scratch, preventing any legacy bugs from coming into the new hardware

0 Likes