cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Horrible rash or burn on wrist.

I've had this watch for about a year now, and did not start having this issue until recently. Nothing has changed in how I wear it or my routine. I am very frustrated because these watches aren't cheap, and now I can't wear mine. When I wash my wrist, the soap burns, so I know this isn't just a red mark. 20201110_123608.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Horrible rash or burn on wrist.

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out I can understand doing so experiencing this symptom. I would like to look into this further for you, could you please provide me with the model and serial/IMEI number for your device along with the following information in a private message to do so?  

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:

Cosmic Ray

I know it's easier to blame a product, but your body might actually be going through changes. Your skin is possibly sensitive to certain things now, it could be an underlying medical issue (nothing dangerous, I don't mean to worry you), it could be anything.

If anything, I would try wearing it on the other wrist. See what happens.
You can even place some other wrist accessory (a regular watch) on the same wrist you wear the watch typically and see if you develop a rash as well.

Try and narrow down what is EXACTLY causing the rash and then go from there.

We have to troubleshoot our bodies just like we do with anything else that needs fixing.
Constellation

I appreciate your attention to this matter. However, this issue has nothing to do with "changes in my body" .  Here is another picture taken today, which is now 2 days after the photo in my original post. Clearly, this is not just a "rash" or skin irritation. It is more like a burn and was bubbled up and now drying up which you can clearly see. This issue only started happening in the past 4-6 weeks. Nothing about my daily habits or lifestyle have changed. Now I have an almost $400 dollar watch that I am afraid to continue wearing. I am not going to try it on my other wrist and risk now having possible another burn which may leave a scar. The area being affected is ONLY under the round part of the watch, where the sensor is. So if this was a reaction, it would not be formed in a perfect circle. small.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for following up. I see we are currently assisting you in private message. Please continue to follow up in private message if you need any further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

could also be from watch getting dirty or others products that you have used in the past that is getting trapped under the watch. try cleaning the watch and see if it heals.
Constellation

Thanks for the advice, but i clean and disinfect my watch on a regular basis. this is not a rash or allergic reaction.   It bubbled up and then scabbed up, like a burn. Also, it is a perfect circle under the sensor. If this was due to products on my skin, or hygiene, it would not be confined to a perfect circle.  I have had this watch for almost a year. It didn't start affecting my skin until about 4/6 weeks ago.