Original topic:

How do you proper back up your watch and complete the transfer between devices?

(Topic created: 08-08-2024 02:16 PM)
jaymtee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Watch 7 should arrive tomorrow. Is there a posted procedure to upgrade from my Watch 6 and maintain as much a possible?

9 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Backup your watch before resetting it and then restore from Backup if you want it to be identical as your watch 6

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

jaymtee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
So, my watch automatically backs up and it looks like the last one was dune this morning. Do I reset my current watch and then add the new watch in wearable? Will I then be given a chance to restore the backup? I didn't see that option at the moment in wearable.
0 Likes
jaymtee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I can see the backup on my phone in the wearable app.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would wait until after setting up your new watch to factory reset the old one to make sure everything is correct during setup it should ask if you want to restore from backup

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
jaymtee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
So.. as the new watch in wearable, restore from watch 6 backup, then rest
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yeah setup and restore in wearable then reset. Sorry, took trash out

0 Likes
Ethy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Use Smartswitch to transfer the contents of one watch to another. Everything should transfer including apps and watch faces. I recently went from the 4 Classic to 6 Classic. And everything came over, including my Dante blood pressure app.
andre23
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
How to I get my backup from my GW5 pro to my new GW7. All faces I bought from google are now showing.
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Power off your Watch 5.
Open the Wear app, power on your new watch, press the 3 lines , tap on add new device, when you get to the prompt set up as new or a backup choose backup.1723680274157.jpg
0 Likes