Original topic:

International Travel Help

(Topic created: 05-21-2024 05:51 AM)
otagg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello. I've got a Watch 6 Classic and I'm getting mixed answers from everywhere I look on the following subject. I will be travelling to multiple different countries and plan to use my Watch 6 for things like Google Maps directions and the like to avoid wasting my phones battery. Samsung told me that when abroad, it'll still be able to work properly, I just need to link my travel eSIM that I've used for my phone to the Watch and all is fine but when I asked the same question to the eSIM company I was looking at, they told me that is not the case and I would need to buy a SIM from a local provider just for the watch to use. I am extremely confused.

2 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@otagg I think using your watch like this abroad is problematic. And it seems that you are finding this out. I haven't heard of anyone else doing this so I have no experience to relate. 

I would recommend turning off LTE on the watch while traveling and just using the Bluetooth connection to your phone. Your phone's battery is much larger than your watch's battery. 

realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

When I travel abroad, I keep my watch in airplane mode and use only my phone for connectivity.  As @LongHiker says, the phone battery is much larger and will last longer.  If you are worried about not being able to charge a low battery, carry a power bank with you, but almost anywhere you go (unless you are hiking in the boonies), you will be able to plug in somewhere.

0 Likes