Original topic:

Is it possible to disable the right swipe / back gesture on Galaxy Watch4?

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Dijon_
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Galaxy Watch4. Having sideloaded a couple apps onto it, the right swipe gesture has really gotten in the way, reducting some functionality from the apps. Since the right swipe on the watch is the equivalent to the back button on some android devices, I couldn't think of a way to simply disable it. All I need is some third party app to take care of it, or just a setting to remap it. Are any of these things possible? 

4 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

So, you modify your watch, add unsanctioned software, and you want Samsung to help you make it work properly?

0 Likes
Dijon_
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Haha! Good point. That's only half of it though. Sometimes, even in the apps they have on the watch by default, the problem still happens. When I try to tap something, my finger sometimes slightly moves to the right which exits out of the application. This can be particularily annoying when in an unsaved notes list, or an app as such. So mostly, I'm still looking for a way to either disable the right swipe or decrease the sensitivity.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

I honestly don't know what apps you could be using on your watch that you have to constantly touch it, but I have a watch 4 and never had a problem with the right swipe.  Of course, I use the basic stuff like the calendar, maps, Pay etc.  Only in Pay sometimes, I've had an accidental swipe, when attempting to switch the card I wanted to pay with - but it was my own fault for touching too far to the right.

0 Likes
Dijon_
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I see, but I still do get the problem. Maybe I'm bad a tapping, but I just want to disable right swipe and I don't think there possibly are any 3rd party softwares for this. If you happen to know of one, please let me know.

0 Likes