Galaxy Watch

Is the watch 7 worth getting 

0 Likes
8 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
My brother just got his Monday haven't heard any problems but there is some mention on here about battery which should have update this week being released
0 Likes
mommybear84
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank u! I've been reading and researching. Lot of people saying after about 2-3 days of wearing the watch that the battery life improves
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
There's good and bad to new devices just a matter of when any problems get fixed
0 Likes
cleverEyes
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've had the watch 7 since launch and I really quite like it.
Here's a tip though - the 7 Ultra has very little extra features (besides battery life and extra water resistance) and is significantly more expensive. The ultra is not warrented twice the price.

Yes, in my opinion the 7 was worth it. I've learned a lot about my sleep and understanding why it's so poor (I wake up about 4-11 times a night šŸ˜‘). But the health app has been helpful with providing before bed meditation and other calming stuff which has improved my sleep a lot.

I'm finding myself go outside on walks more often to complete my rings as it's much more accurate than my phones pedometer. The heart rate sensor is useful as well on jogs or swims.

When I buy new tech I try to assess what the ulitilty it will provide for me. Why do I actually want it? How can I actually use it? Do I already have stuff that can do it?
For me the watch was primarily to monitor my health and make sure I'm getting ample exercise. I also went with the LTE version in the chance my fold 5 gets stolen, broken, lost or sent for repairs, so im at least contactable.

However it's not all perfect.
The battery for me is especially poor. Just last night it died around 3AM which is a huge shame as it skewed my sleep data. I'm sure it's still getting use to my usage patterns but for the promised battery life I'm regularly worried it'll make it a day. I tend to charge it right after I wake up and it's 100% when I go work.
Also, some sensors like the stress sensor just seems flat out wrong for me. Several times it told me my stress levels were in the red but I was actually just sitting and on my phone.

Ultimately it's your perogative. If you can stomach $300 on an accessory for yournphone, and you have legitimate uses, by all means. You'll absolutely love it.
But if it's just to check the time... you'd better be finding it on sale!

Cheers
0 Likes
Enzobea
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I've got the watch7 too. But I have an issue with do not disturb mode. I turn on the mode both on the phone and the watch. The watch still rings when there is incoming call or Whatapp call. However my phone is keeping quiet. It's annoying me when I sleep. Could you please help to check yours? And tell me which version of oneui of your phone. My phone is s23u with oneui 5.1. Thank you very much

0 Likes
cleverEyes
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
That's definetly strange behavior. I'm not a huge calling person so I cannot provide a super great answer but I might be able to direct you to some settings to check.

Go into your Wear app settings -> notifications -> make sure Sync Do Not Disturb with Phone is on.
Similarly you can go into your phones settings -> notifications -> Do Not Disturb -> make sure nothing is allowed in the Calls and Messages categories.

If that doesn't work there's one final possible solution.
If you swipe down onto the quick panel on your watch, there is a volume option to fully mute the device. There may be a way to automate it so it mutes when Sleep mode is on or something, but I had not been able to find a way.

Again, this is something I have no experience with as I leave my phone calls to allow ringing on my watch incase of emergencies. If none of those methods worked I'd heartily recommend going through more notification settings on your watch and phone.

And to answer your final part, I use a Z Fold 5 on OneUI 6.1 šŸ™‚

Have a good one
0 Likes
Enzobea
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you very much your answers. I think maybe my phone version is old. But I'm not sure. I went to the Samsung Shop and conneted the other watch7. It's the same problem. If you can test for me, it's very appreciate. Just confirm with my guess. Because the watch7 is Android14, your Phone is also Android14. If it not happened this issue with your watch. I will be sure it's my version of my phone is old.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the Galaxy watch for five and six and I just got the ultra watch and we could go and this one's a Cadillac I love it I just got the data plan put out a few days ago from Verizon it's amazing and so far I have not had one single battery issue batteries but outstanding last for days
0 Likes