Original topic:

Message Notifications open the Samsung Message app instead of the Google Messages app

(Topic created: a week ago)
sammy33
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have Google Messages set up as the default SMS app, but clicking on a message notification on my Watch Ultra opens up Samsung Message replies. How do I change this?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Rivs5
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
These should be a Google Messages app on the Galaxy Watch Ultra.
0 Likes
sammy33
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have that downloaded and set as the default messaging app. But Galaxy watch still uses Samsung Messages whenever I open up a message from the notification panel
0 Likes
Rivs5
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
You might have to enable notifications on the Google Messages app and disable notifications on the regular messages app.
0 Likes
sammy33
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I tried that, too not sure if there's a fix for this
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand wanting to us Google Messages as your default messaging app on your watch. In order to better assist you what type of device do you have paired with your watch?

Do you have the Google Messages app set up on you phone and also set as default?

0 Likes
sammy33
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have S24 Ultra as my device and Google messages is set up as the default messaging app on both my watch and device.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for that information. I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the Google Messages app on your watch. If you still continue to experience these symptoms after an uninstall and re-install, I would recommend submitting an error report. This will allow our team of engineers to get a hands-on look at the symptoms you are experiencing. Give this link a try for steps to submit the error report: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-send-an-error-report/

0 Likes