Original topic:

Must fix security lock on Watches

(Topic created: yesterday)
Members_opjy4MM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

There is an annoying issue with the security lock feature that must complement Samsung Pay being active on the Samsung Watch. It's completely understandable for a passcode lock to be present when a mobile payment option is active on the watch. The issue, however, is that the watch randomly places itself in a 'locked' state throughout the day. The watch randomly believes it has been removed from the wrist, placing itself in a locked state.

This is an issue I'm encountering every single day, without fail.  The watch is securely on my wrist, but between 5-10 times throughout the day, it locks itself for no apparent reason.  When the watch is locked, I miss out on important notifications from texts, emails, or other sources, which means having to unlock the watch numerous times throughout the day for no reason.  Also, after the watch has been on its charging dock, and you place it back on your wrist, sometimes you have to unlock the watch multiple times in a row before it stays unlocked. 

This needs immediate fixing!  Why does the entire watch need to be locked, when specific apps should call for a passcode instead?  If I'm required to input a passcode each time I use Samsung Pay on my watch, why then does the watch need a lock also?  Having to input a passcode numerous times throughout the day is tiresome and pointless.  It's frustrating wanting to use a feature on the watch, only to look down and find out that it's locked and I have to entire a passcode over and over.

1 Reply
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I wrote this out when I was having troble posting earlier, so I screenshotted it for when I could post again.1721085710213.jpg
0 Likes