Original topic:

Need advice on which model smart watch

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
usernB7dJdlX18
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello.  New to this forum and clueless about Samsung watches so I need advice.  Family needs to buy a smartwatch for an 84 year old that will work nicely with his Galaxy S22 phone.  Biggest need is for health monitoring such as heartbeat regularity, sleep monitoring, etc.  Budget considerations require purchasing used, probably on ebay.  What models should I be looking at, please?

0 Likes
5 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Any of the models currently on the market will meet your needs.  Do not buy a Watch 2 because it has an older operating system and won't be supported any longer. 

You might find a good deal on a Watch 4. Amazon has some good deals today and tomorrow on refurbished and new models.  You probably want to look for a BT only model, not LTE, as they are cheaper.  LTE models can be used BT only and preserves the ability to add a phone line later, if needed. If you are sure you won't be needing standalone phone connectivity, then definitely go for the BT only.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@usernB7dJdlX18 I would suggest the Watch 5 or 6. They have very good heart rate tracking, sleep monitoring, etc. 

Instead of eBay, i would suggest looking at Swappa. They do a great job of ensuring the devices are real and working well. 

Mac-18
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung watches only give a good estimate, if inaccurate health data could be Dangerous, I would recommend something like an aura ring, which is very accurate.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
FYI, the Oura FAQ states that the Oura ring "is not a medical device".
0 Likes
userfp34nmJzzi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Fit 3, does everything needed for about $60.
0 Likes