Original topic:

No text messages on Galaxy Watch

(Topic created: 09-20-2018 11:32 AM)
user0Jhea151F4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

I ordered a Galaxy watch for my gf and it came yesterday. After we got it setup with her phone we noticed text messages were not coming through to it and there was no messaging app. We searched all of the apps and cant find one to install. Why is this? Is it cause she has a Huawei P20 and not a Samsung phone?

Thanks,

Carson

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userQr8unlUDYY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Go into the wear app on your phone,

Settings-notifications - manage notifications

Scroll down to find your message app and make sure the slide toggle is on. 

Simple

View solution in context

56 Replies
uservuwY3z29Ia
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi Carson,

Did you enable the apps from which you want to recieve the messages in de samsung Wear app?

Regards,

Klaasjan

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

what is the software version from the settings > about watch? have u factory reset the watch? have u tried uninstalling gear manager and re install the gear manager?

user0Jhea151F4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The software version is Tizen 4.0.0.0 R810xxu1brh3. I have not tried a factory reset yet and re installing the gear manager didnt work.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

that is very weird yet seems like only options left r to exchange or return.... if the factory reset doesn't work....

0 Likes
usereE5I3ktvMV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the exact same issue. I have a Sony android and I cant see the message or email app

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have you tried the steps from the accepted solution here?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useruwQtB6Oi7j
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Having the same issue, no texts showing up.  I've factory reset and reinstalled the app on my phone.  Made sure I clicked allow on everything.  The fix isn't working and it sounds like this is a common issue.  Considering returning the watch if I can't get this to work.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Give this link a try.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user3vFJGu2wP9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I tried the solution and I cannot get text messages on my watch from Pixel 2