JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[Round 2] Watch 5 Sport/Pro improvements/suggestions (also A13 and S9 Ultra tablet improvements)

(Topic created: 01-17-2024 08:52 AM)
user3RSkK6PWLK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

the watch screen locks randomly throughout the day - done want this whether there is a reason for it to do it or not

The food entry app for the watch needs to allow, at least, recently added items to be added again, as opposed to just a calorie amount like it allows now.

Do not disturb is allowing calls to come through and disrupting my sleep. My a13 is playing notifications when do not disturb is on. There are not exceptions made for these apps is DnD mode.

I went to set a new timer several minutes after dismissing an old timer and it said it added the new duration I specified to the old timer duration, then set no timer at all

Sometimes timers don't set at all even though the assistant says aloud that it set the timer

The voice commands to set an alarm spoken through Google assistant are saying they understood the specifed alarm name, but the specified alarm name was not assigned to the alarm. i will then have an alarm go off hours or even days later and idk what it's for. When I go into the alarm app to check if the alarm name saved, and it didn't, I click the alarm name, and it takes me to a black screen, and I cant type or so anything except go back to the previous screen.

Google maps is crashing every single time I try navigating somewhere and has been for months, drastically reducing the utility of the watch.

S9 Ultra

if this tablet was made to work like a full blown laptop/desktop I would recommend it to everyone, but in the meantime I'm refraining from admitting that I own this tablet.

also, samsung should really combine forces with an open source Windows emulator project. If they get WINE or something of the like running on Android before anyone else - you'd just win the market and gain entrenchment that would be hard to undo. I am kind of shocked with wasn't priority number one in 2008 or 2009 when all this smartphone stuff started heating up.

Future suggestions

Obviously this can't be changed now, but these Ultra devices should have SD card slots, audio jacks, dual sim card trays, removable batteries and the devices should be made thicker so a bigger battery can go in there if we're going to be paying premiums for them. The watch should also have a removable battery for instant charging purposes. I had 3 spare batteries for my Nexus One and I NEVER had to charge my phone - neeeeeverrrrr. I never charged that phone, even once.

While I'm mentioning the above I might as well shoot for the optimal goal: modularity. We want to be able to swap out the hardware, like cameras, dedicated RAM sticks/sd cards, disk space, buttons, network cards and everything else that PCI slots would take, unlockable bootloaders, access to system files, microphones, screens, peripherals, and the whole works. Life is boring without being about to mod and tinker, not to mention disempowering.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.