JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Watch Bluetooth Disconnects

(Topic created: 02-13-2022 12:24 PM)
stormspottertodd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ah! Finally found a way to post! (All the REPLY buttons were greyed out before.) New here. So forgive my novice inexperience...

Trying to get help on why my watch keeps disconnecting from Bluetooth. My wife got it for me about a year ago. Started noticing it a few months ago. But it now seems to be getting worse. Tried all the suggestions - clearing the caches of all the apps suggested. Problem keeps coming back. Tried removing and reinstalling apps and restarting. Same. Getting ready to pull my hair out.

Any idea what other options I have here? This was an expensive watch. If it only lasts a year for that money...I mean, I just can't with good conscience recommend stuff like this to friends. You know? (sigh) Don't know what else to do, here.

Thanks for your time...

Todd

StormSpotterTodd
10 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating the repeated disconnection on our watches can be and I would be happy to look into this further for you. In order to provide you with the best troubleshooting steps, can you please provide me with the type of watch you are using, the baseband version, the phone your watch is paired with, and the Android version on that watch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
stormspottertodd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sure... What's the "baseband version" though? Here's what I *was* able to garner from the devices however. Hopefully this is useful...

WATCH
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Model No: SM-960U
Serial No: **
IMEI: <hidden>
Hardware Version: REV1.1
Android version 10
Software Version: N960USQU4ETG2
"No Updates Applied. Your SAMSUNG SM-N960U is up to date. No update is necessary at this time."

PHONE
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Model Number: SM-R800
Serial Number: **
Software version: R800XXU1GUJ3/R800OXA1GUJ3
Last Updated: 11/19/2021 @2:21 PM ET.

And while looking up my info on Samsung last night, I also discovered that my watch warranty JUST expired end of November. Not happy about that. As soon as the warranty expires, the watch fails? Seriously? 😞 Is that going to cost me a lot? Or do you think perhaps they'll still work with me since it happened so close to the end of the warranty period?

Thanks,

Todd

StormSpotterTodd
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for following up. Have you tried resetting your network settings? Please know this will remove all Bluetooth and Wi-Fi saved information.

Have you tried resetting the watch? This will allow the watch to go back to the factory setting and allow us to test if this is a software or hard issue. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

0 Likes
stormspottertodd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did try resetting the watch. Did that a few days ago in fact, before I even contacted anyone here. After reinstalling all the watch faces, darned if it came right back again. ...Disconnecting and reconnecting from the watch every minute or so.

Haven't tried resetting network settings though. What would this do? Looks like the instructions say it does a little more than just erasing saved networks. 

Thanks.

Todd

StormSpotterTodd
stormspottertodd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi guys,

I replied a few times that none of the suggestions worked to fix the problem and I've not received any further communications to graduate this up the ladder. Is this still being worked on or has it been put aside already? It's now been a couple weeks.

Thanks,

Todd Sherman

StormSpotterTodd
stormspottertodd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Okay so after resetting both the watch and the network I'm still experiencing the disconnects.

StormSpotterTodd
0 Likes
rob350z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Whats the Bluetooth paired too. Phone, home network?
0 Likes
stormspottertodd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Bluetooth is paired ONLY, not "too". Watch is not connected by wifi or cellular network to the phone.

Had two different moderators on this not long ago. They seem to have disappeared. Not feeling really confident right now. They asked for watch information and then disappeared.

StormSpotterTodd
userbgEwoDmQU4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

That's really disappointing. Unfortunately, I'm not here to give you an answer. Just wanted you to know that I am having the same exact issue and an in search of a solution. After hard resetting the watch, Bluetooth connection would work fine for a day of two, and then it would refuse to connect. My phone's Bluetooth status shows that it's connected but the Wear app says that it's unable to connect. I'm not getting any notifications at all. I've hard reseted 3 times already, and the problem returns each time. I hope you've found a solution, and still certainly post it if I find one.

0 Likes