Original topic:

Samsung Health Elevation Change Parameter

(Topic created: 08-14-2024 04:39 PM)
wildplaces
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am at a loss as to how to track elevation change for walks and hikes using Samsung Health exercise data.  When I go into the detailed data for "Walking" or "Hiking" I see current elevation.  How can I include that parameter in my walking and hiking summary data ?  I live in a mountain community, so this is important to my exercise routines, which are rarely level!

14 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@wildplaces It looks like you have to manually start the activity for the elevation data to be recorded. If you do that you will see Elevation in Workout details as well as on the chart if you press the > to the right of the chart title. 

wildplaces
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Will try that next time to confirm this works. When I tried this from the spots activities selection menu on my Watch Ultra yesterday, it did not appear.
wildplaces
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
The data only shows max/min elevation, not elevation change or profile of my walk or hike.
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch
Here you are from a manually activated work out. 1723682641140.jpg1723682641151.jpg1723682641163.jpg
wildplaces
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sadly, that appears to be the difference between maximum elevation and minimum elevation, not total elevation change. If you look at the chart and add up the intermediate elevation changes, you will arrive at a much higher total, if I am reading the graph correctly.
0 Likes
wildplaces
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
How did you create the charts?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch

@wildplaces They are created automatically in Samsung Health. 

wildplaces
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Perhaps I need a tutorial...these types of aides seem to be sorely lacking or hard to find
0 Likes
wildplaces
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I see charts for automatically recorded activity, but not the manually recorded ones. Must be a switch that I am missing.
0 Likes