JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SmartThingsFind not working

(Topic created: 08-17-2023 10:54 AM)
NabberNate
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have setup and registered my watch 6 and it is working correctly.  However, SmartThings does not see it as a registered device.  Does anyone know what can be done?  Product Support sends me to Account Setup who then sends me back to Product Support.  Super Frustrating!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
NabberNate
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I finally got it to work.  The phone it's paired to does have to be a Samsung phone.  20 hours later... finally.   Now the question is do I have to keep this phone active or can it just be a one time setup?  Stay tuned...

View solution in context

13 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
You're wanting to set up your watch with SmartThings Find so you will be able to locate it, is that correct?
0 Likes
NabberNate
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, that is correct.  It shows as a registered device under My Pages and products (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/account/products/) but NOT under my Samsung Account (https://account.samsung.com/) and not as a registered device in SmartThings.

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sorry about the delay in responding, I had some personal matters to attend to. šŸ˜…
When you open SmartThings on the watch, are you able to see the list of your devices there? If the watch isn't showing up anywhere within your Samsung account after successfully pairing, kindly backup and factory reset the watch and reinitiate the pairing process. This should fix this rather odd bug.
0 Likes
NabberNate
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've taken your advice and the same issue exists.  My daughter's Gmail account is a child is that perhaps the issue?  Maybe create a new Gmail account to use?  So frustrating why it doesn't show up as a registered device when I can see that it has been logged into.

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch

You could try paring a different Google account, but SmartThings Find is a Samsung service, so it's connected to the Samsung account that's registered. Google has their own service called Google Find My Device.

0 Likes
NabberNate
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm out of ideas and hope.  The watch shows as registered under my page => my products but it does not show as registered in smart things find under the same account.  I don't know how to get it to show and customer support is not helpful.

I'm going to call it broken and return it I think.  I can't believe how much time I have spent on this =(

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm so sorry to hear that. šŸ˜Ŗ Have you tried connecting directly with Samsung support via remote connection in the Members app? They can port into your phone/watch via Smart Tutor and change any of the settings that are causing the problem you're experiencing.
0 Likes
NabberNate
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

The phone I'm paired with is not a Samsung so I can't use the members app.  Could that be a part of the issue?

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
I can't say for sure that's what it is, but I have been hearing multiple reports of other individuals not being able to use certain other Samsung services with non-Samsung phones lately. šŸ˜ž