Original topic:

Text alert to Watch 7 and Fold 6

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
irbrenda
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

When wearing the Watch 7 LTE, I can see and hear the text messages.   However, I carry my Fold 6 with me, too, and although the text does go  to the Fold 6, I do not have an audio alert sound.   Shouldnā€™t both devices alert me?    Why does the Fold 6 not have sound when a text arrives to both devices?   When I am not wearing the watch, then itā€™s like the usual notification sound when a text arrives to the phone.   What am I missing here?

4 Replies
GaryB82
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Open the wearable app and under watch settings. Make sure mute notifications are toggled off
1723548682187_1723548682178_0.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
irbrenda
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had it off.   Oh, well.   Thank you.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your notifications being muted on your phone while your watch is being warned. Were you able to try the steps by @GaryB82? Did you try turning the option back on and then off again to see if you still experience these symptoms?

0 Likes
irbrenda
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, I did.    I even reached out to Samsung via text message support and they wanted me to reset all settings on my phone.   I will not.   If this is the way it will work, so be it, but it should be that I get a sound alert on both devices.   My Fold 6 just vibrates.

0 Likes