JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unpacked: The Watch7 was announced with no classic? :(

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have been a fan of the Watch Classic series. Not only do I love that my smart watch doesn't looklike a smart watch (thanks to the bezel) but I frequently use the rotating bezel over swiping. It's also useful if your hands are dirty and just need to scroll through notifications or answer a call. I also liked the larger 47mm size. 

I'm read that the Watch6 Classic will remain on sale. Buy this leaves me with some questions. 

Will Samsung release a Watch7 Classic at a later date?

Compats to the physical bezel how well does the digital bezel work? 

Should I move from the Watch4 Classic to the Watch6 Classic, Watch7, or splurge for the Watch Ultra (btw I'm not an athletic person but just throwing it out there if it's actually the best option)?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey There. We haven't heard of any news for a classic version of the watch 7. But we're not able to fully estimate future product releases. We would just recommend keeping an ear out. The Galaxy Watch Ultra is a great option though. https://www.samsung.com/us/watches/galaxy-watch-ultra/ 

View solution in context

16 Replies
userGcGuDUt8Z5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
The ultra was my first choice because of the bezel. But, it only comes with a large band, and I have really small wrists. So I guess I'll be going with the 7. From all I've been reading the classic is the ultra, and no pro. Maybe wait for the 8.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
The Ultra bezel is still digital right? I mean it has what looks like a physical bezel but the site says digital (unless I read it wrong or the site is incorrect).
0 Likes
userGcGuDUt8Z5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
My understanding is that it is like the previous bezels. Not sure what digital would mean.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
The digital bezel is what's on the watch7, watch6 (not classic), and watch5. It's a touch bezel around it. I'm the Watch6 Classic it actually says physical bezel instead.

However, after looking at the pictures of the Ultra, I can't see where a digital bezel would be. I'll have to wait for hands on reviews or stores to get demo units to touch. 1720642213519.jpg
0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
The website also shows this orange button for just a quick button1720643134080.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yeah but nothing saying it rotates. It's just a button.
0 Likes
userGcGuDUt8Z5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
The picture looks like the same kind of bezel on my 6 classic. But, you're probably safe waiting until you can touch it.
0 Likes
Mac-18
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
The watches are currently on a 2 year cycle: the even numbers will have a classic model, the odds will have a pro/ultra version.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
That's an odd way to launch a product. The base model gets a new number every time but the pro/classic and ultra will alternate?
0 Likes