Original topic:

VO2 max is not working

(Topic created: 03-01-2024 01:29 AM)
Shenkman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 classic and VO2 max future is not working. I tried running and walking for more than 1 hour and it still says that I need to walk more than 10 minutes on flat surface for VO2 max to work. I did it on a flat surface and VO2 max line is empty for the whole period of training and it doesn't also display in samsung health app on my phone also.

3 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Shenkman Did you click into Samsung Health select Walking (or running) and start the workout? Or did you just let the watch automatically detect it?

VO2 max is only recorded on manually started workouts. 

0 Likes
Chris1179
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is not true...I have started a run and when finished stop the workout and walk around the track and it has detected the walk and recorded the VO2 max but recently it hasn't worked for me
0 Likes
geek1
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

If the VO2 max feature on your Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 Classic is not working as expected, and you've already tried the recommended activities without success, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check Sensor Placement:

• Ensure that the watch is snug on your wrist, and the heart rate sensor is in direct contact with your skin. A loose fit or improper placement can affect sensor accuracy.
  2. Clean Heart Rate Sensor:

• Make sure the heart rate sensor on the back of the watch is clean. Sweat, dirt, or residue can interfere with accurate readings. Use a soft, lint-free cloth to clean the sensor.
  3. Verify Location Settings:

• Check if your watch has access to accurate GPS data. The VO2 max calculation may benefit from accurate location information. Ensure that your watch's location settings are turned on.
  4. Update Software:

• Ensure that both your Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 Classic and the Samsung Health app on your phone have the latest software updates. Software updates often include bug fixes and improvements.
  5. Calibrate Sensors (if available):

• Some devices allow you to calibrate sensors for more accurate readings. Check the watch settings or Samsung Health app for any calibration options.
  6. Restart the Watch:

• Perform a restart on your Galaxy Watch 6 Classic. This can help refresh the device and resolve temporary issues.
  7. Reset VO2 max Data:

• In the Samsung Health app on your phone, navigate to the VO2 max section and check if there's an option to reset or clear previous data. Sometimes, resetting this data can kickstart accurate readings.
  8. Reinstall Samsung Health App:

• If the problem persists, consider uninstalling and reinstalling the Samsung Health app on your phone. This can help resolve any software-related issues.
  9. Factory Reset (as a Last Resort):

• If none of the above steps work, you may consider performing a factory reset on your Galaxy Watch 6 Classic. Keep in mind that this will erase all data on the watch, so make sure to back up important information first.
  10. Contact Samsung Support:

• If the issue persists despite trying the above steps, it's advisable to contact Samsung support. They can provide more specific guidance, and if necessary, explore potential hardware-related issues.
0 Likes