Original topic:

Watch 6 LTE Standalone Line: Can you toggle Cellular on and off to receive calls from your paired phone?

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 01:50 PM)
Vaunyla
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi guys, 

I'm wondering about my Watch 6 capabilities as I'm trying to decide if I want to get a standalone phone line/separate phone number for it or to have it paired with my current phone number and phone.

If you toggle off cellular on a standalone Watch 6 with its own line and phone number, can you still connect it to a paired phone via bluetooth so that the watch will still ring for calls coming through the phone's phone number (but of course not for calls coming through for the watch's phone number)?

Can it work that way?

11 Replies
Vaunyla
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I read through, and that's cool and all, but it doesn't answer my question of can I switch between having a standalone watch (so my calls on my phone will NOT come through to my watch FROM my phone and I can receive calls on my watch from my watch line only) AND (not OR) then turn off cellular on my watch, pair it through bluetooth to my phone and have my watch receive calls from my phone's phone line.
Can my watch do both?
....Be standalone, and by turning off cellular, make it supplemental to my phone via bluetooth.
It's a very simple concept.

Please read through the thread. You may have an understanding of what I'm asking
Everyone who's answered so far has not.
0 Likes
Vaunyla
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you for your help!
I'm going to save your info and bring it in to Tmo with me when I go in to get the watch line.
I have a dude there that "seemed" to know what he was doing and answered the same as you did (watch 6 is able to do this on Tmo) but everywhere I read, there was no clear answer.
Is it a definite that I'll have the same problem and will have to have it switched back n forth like instructed?