Original topic:

Watch 6 LTE Standalone Line: Can you toggle Cellular on and off to receive calls from your paired phone?

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 01:50 PM)
Vaunyla
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi guys, 

I'm wondering about my Watch 6 capabilities as I'm trying to decide if I want to get a standalone phone line/separate phone number for it or to have it paired with my current phone number and phone.

If you toggle off cellular on a standalone Watch 6 with its own line and phone number, can you still connect it to a paired phone via bluetooth so that the watch will still ring for calls coming through the phone's phone number (but of course not for calls coming through for the watch's phone number)?

Can it work that way?

11 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, you can turn off your Esim/ Mobile plan, and use it as Bluetooth only. You will receive calls, texts and notifications!

I do this all the time.
Go to settings, connections , mobile.
You can set it to auto, always, or always offScreenshot_20240202_165550_telephonyui_1000010219_1706910953.png
Vaunyla
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just to clarify..."you will receive calls, texts and notifications" means when I turn off cellular to disconnect my watch from LTE service and turn on Bluetooth on my watch to connect my watch to my phone, I'll receive calls, texts, and notifications from:
1. The phone's phone number
Or
2. The watch's phone number?

#1 Correct?

Calls (directed to voicemail (?)) and texts for the watch's phone number will appear when I reconnect to cellular?
Correct-ish?
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Your recieve from your phone.
When you call of text using your phone it will be your phone they see.

I have have Verizon and my watch plan has number share.
If I used my watch to call it would show as coming from my cell number
0 Likes
Vaunyla
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
As my post states, I'm NOT sharing any numbers. Totally different scenario.
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, it can either connect to a phone via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or be a standalone LTE connection.
0 Likes
Vaunyla
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
But can it do BOTH?
Can my watch be standalone when i turn Cellular ON
AND (not OR)
Can it still receive notifications, calls and texts FROM MY PHONE LINE when I turn Cellular OFF and connect it to my phone?
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, it can do both. I have Verizon, so the smartwatch has its own number, but I also have it linked to my main phone. So, I can forward calls to the watch if I leave my phone at home and still receive anything else. So yes it does everything you need.
0 Likes
Vaunyla
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
All Watches get their own number, though, whether you get a separate line for it or have it paired with your phone to use the same number as your phone. I'm not talking about the latter.
I'm talking about a standalone watch that has its own number and line and is not tied to a phone. I'm asking if it can be standalone, AND I can still pair it with my phone if I turn off cellular and use bluetooth.
0 Likes
Vaunyla
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
?
Do you have a link? I'm Tmo.
0 Likes