Original topic:

Watch 7 | Allow Google Pay option for NFC

(Topic created: Friday)
ReallyAdriel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

It's a simple request, please allow Google Pay on the Watch 7. 

Also not having this option gives us no ability to use NFC Disney Pass on your watch like how Apple devices are able to scan into the theme parks.

11 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
You should be able to use Google wallet on your watch, you just have to download it to the watch and make it your default pay app. What you cannot do is use the back button to activate it-that's reserved for Samsung Pay and always will be. You would have to pull up the app screen and tap the Google wallet app, choose your card and pay. If I can use it on the watch 4, you can use it on all the watches after it.
winegirl1968
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can make the home button wallet default, double press
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Really?  What do you have to do to set that?

0 Likes
winegirl1968
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Wear app-settings-advanced features and then you can assign different apps1721480834492.jpg
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks I'll look for it. Learned something new today. Will come in handy next time Samsung Pay deletes my cards.
0 Likes
winegirl1968
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
You're welcome
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

after finding my cards all deleted earlier this week, wondering if I can have both SP and Google Wallet on my Watch4? or is it cards in one or the other but not both?

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
winegirl1968
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've never used SP, that's an interesting question
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have cards in both (for the time being they are still in S-Pay), and have had since I discovered that Google Wallet was available on the watch.  I do not in any way believe that having the apps concurrently installed is what's deleting the cards in S-Pay, since I've had them concurrent for about a year, and the S-Pay thing with deleted cards is very recent.  

You can only have one as the default, but you can switch back and forth, so if your cards disappear from S-Pay while you are at checkout, just open Google Wallet, set as default and pay.  Then decide when you get home whether you want to set up S-Pay again.  As @winegirl1968 said, you can set the home button to open G-Wallet on double press (unless you already have another app assigned to double press).

Incidentally, if you already have cards in Google Wallet on your phone, if I remember correctly,  they will immediately be in your wallet on the watch.