Original topic:

Watch face not showing, only time on Watch 4

(Topic created: Friday)
LucyNYMD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch battery died. When I recharged it, it no longer showed me the customized face, only the time. Big, bold, centered. I checked for updates, there was one. I did it. Nothing has changed. The customized face is still not showing. When I hold the watch screen the "customize" screen comes up. I make a choice. It covers the screen, then disappears and only the black screen with the time shows. Again. 

I have tried turning it on and off. I have tried rebooting it. Nothing works.

And now the battery level is diminishing at max speed. Usually a charge lasts me 2 days. Today I took it off the charger at 8am, it's 10am and the battery level is at 53%, even with the battery saver on!!!!!!

Please help!

3 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@LucyNYMD It sounds like your watch may be in "Watch only" mode. You can enable/disable this by opening the watch settings, and clicking on Battery. 

LucyNYMD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, it's not on that. I can check all my notifications and use the watch as normal.

I changed the watch face from the one that you can customize with pictures to a general one. It seems fine with that watch face. I dislike that it is not allowing the other face.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Try re-customizing your chosen watch face and see if it will allow you to use it.  Or choose a similar one to customize and try using that one.  You may have had an update that the particular watch face is not compatible with.  It really should have nothing to do with the battery going dead.  The last update may have lost compatibility with the face, but if you have not had occasion to restart the watch, it may have kept it in use. Sometimes that happens and then when you restart the watch again, the watch face changes.