Original topic:

Weather complication doesn't update on Galaxy Watch 7

(Topic created: 07-28-2024 10:03 AM)
landale
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had my Galaxy Watch 7 for a week and the weather complication never updates unless I manually refresh the weather in the weather app on my watch. I never had this issue on my Galaxy Watch 6 so this must be a new bug with One UI 6. 

If it helps I have location permission set to always on for both the weather app on my watch and my wearable app on my phone. I have automatic refreshing set to every hour. I'm using this watch with a Google Pixel 8 so I wonder if this bug is only with non Galaxy phones as it doesn't seem widely reported. 

25 Replies
squaresmile
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem with Watch 7 and Pixel 7 pro. Hope Samsung can fix this.

userYWbXlcoeXk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was hesitant to upgrade from my GW5. Now  I'm  regretting my decision of actually doing it. Sleep tracking is also horrible on the GW7. Thank God they did not break the phone.

0 Likes
Hippopo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The same problem here, with Pixel 9 Pro XL.
I'm anxiously waiting for a fix from Samsung...

aekizian
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue with my Watch 7 and my Pixel 7. It's even worse for me, since I use Celsius instead of Fahrenheit and I don't know why but every couple of hours it randomly goes back to F. 

Now using another weather app. Issue is that many watch faces do not accept other weather complications rather than Samsung's weather...

Members_N9xiuGY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Any update from Samsung on this? Even acknowledgement that there is a bug? It's pretty ridiculous that a basic feature like weather auto updating, that even the most basic of smart watches can handle, doesn't work.

0 Likes
landale
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

At this point I'm assuming Samsung is aware but doesn't care since it doesn't affect Galaxy phone users. I've sold my Galaxy Watch and gone back to the Pixel Watch. Not just for this issue but it basically indicates that without a Galaxy phone there is no expectation basic features will always work. 

0 Likes