Original topic:

can't find option to change wrist settings on my Gear s3

(Topic created: 07-18-2024 06:02 AM)
KrishBhatt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I want to change the option of which wrist I wear the watch on, on my samsung gear s3 frontier. It's an old watch yes, but I remember being able to change that option, but can't find anymore.

The option isn't there in settings>general too, nor can I find any option to change so on the Samsung gear or Samsung health app. Please help me.

7 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

You can definitely change the orientation.  Go to the Wear app/watch settings/general/orientation.  You have to scroll all the way down to orientation - it may not be visible on your screen. There you can switch the orientation to switch hands.

0 Likes
KrishBhatt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I see NO orientation in wear app > general.

this is what I see when I open the wear app and on the default home screen (out of three, the other two being "watch faces" and "discover") and click "general" :

Input:

• default keyboard
  • keyboard settings

Text-to-speech:

• Languages
  • Speech rate
  • a bar to change the speech rate from slow to fast

Reset.

is there any way I can insert images and show a screenshot too?

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Tou should see this. You can insert a screen ahot, by taking the screenshot and clicking the '+' next to the text input window in the app and inserting the picture from your gallery.1721308405922.jpg
0 Likes
KrishBhatt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

yes there is no such option for me. could it be because gear s3 is almost 7 years old?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@KrishBhatt I no longer have my Gear S3 but I think the ability to change the watch orientation may have came with Wear OS. So it would be available from the Galaxy Watch 4 and later. 

0 Likes
KrishBhatt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I see. it could be the case but for some reason I remember being able to change which wrist I wear my watch on. could it have been that that specific feature has been removed from this specific device?

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

You may have been able to change it in an older version of the Wear app.  A newer version may no longer have that option for that particular watch.  I know I had it for the watch2 active, but I haven't had that watch connected for a while, so I can't see if it's still there.

0 Likes