JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flip 5 lock screen icons/ watch 6 google assistant questions

(Topic created: 08-09-2023 03:00 PM)
dte230
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I have a new flip 5 and galaxy 6 watch and there are a couple of odd items.

On my watch5 and S23 I could load down Google Assistant, and with the galaxy 6 and flip 5 the only option is bixby which I refuse to use...whats the deal ?

I can set the two direct dial icons on the the bottom corners of the lock screen and when I go to the flip screen and set the same it continues to default to camera as a direct dial icon...???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hey dte230,

First make sure Google Assistant is downloaded on your watch6. Swipe up on the watch from the bottom to enter your app tray and find the Google Play store. Make sure Google Assistant is downloaded.

Next, on your watch go to settings. Next, go to advanced features then to customize buttons. Next choose tap and hold settings then select Google Assistant instead of Bixby

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hey dte230,

First make sure Google Assistant is downloaded on your watch6. Swipe up on the watch from the bottom to enter your app tray and find the Google Play store. Make sure Google Assistant is downloaded.

Next, on your watch go to settings. Next, go to advanced features then to customize buttons. Next choose tap and hold settings then select Google Assistant instead of Bixby
dte230
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thanks that did it I was looking for it in the phone's list of apps