JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ghost notifications

(Topic created: 02-27-2024 07:14 AM)
SeanNY2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I set my iPhone to notify me only when I have a new SMS message or email. As a result, my iPhone used to notify me only when I have a new SMS message or email. 

I have spent literally hours trying to get the same result from the Galaxy Flip. Yes, I have turned off notification reminders. Yes I have reset my phone. Yes I went deep into advanced settings and did everything recommended on this board and in YouTube videos. I still get dozens of notifications that don't even appear in my notification history per day. 

Samsung: must it really be that hard to use your phones? Can't you just add a line of code that says if the notification is not from one of the apps the user turned on notifications for, the phone doesn't make it? Why is it so difficult? If you need programming help please let me know.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Try getting rid of the Mode and setting this up as a Routine instead. I've noticed on my S23+ that Routines do a much better job reverting settings when they end than Modes do. Routines also offer you a choice of what you want the settings to do when the Routine ends (revert to the state before the Routine ran, stay the same, force on/off).

I hope they fix this issue with Modes in an update. This issue is the one thing that keeps me from using Modes much.1709073995331.jpg1709074150774.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Hello SeanNY2, Welcome to the Community. We understand how frustration multiple notifications can be.

Do you have NFC turned on in the settings? If so, try turning it off to see if that resolves the notifications.

Have you tried using Do Not Disturb to block notifications? Exceptions can be set to allow only the notifications you choose. You can find out more about this setting here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077281

Many customers also recommend using the Good Lock app with the Nice Catch module to identify random notification sounds. 

0 Likes
SeanNY2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Hi thanks for your reply. NFC is turned off. 

I guess you're saying it's not a bug that Samsung can fix, if you're suggesting a workaround like Do Not Disturb and third-party apps? 

The problem with Do Not Disturb is that I really do not want to be disturbed at all after 11 pm. So I want to be notified of SMS messages during the day, but not at night? Is there a dual setting where I can set Do Not Disturb except SMS messages during the day and really Do Not Disturb at night?

On the iPhone my settings were: 

1. Notify me of SMS messages.

2. Do Not Disturb after 11 pm.

Is it possible to do this on Samsung?

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

You can try setting a Routine using the Modes and Routines. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083201/

For example, setting work mode to allow the exceptions for the SMS Messages.

You can then set Sleep Mode to block all notifications during the night.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

What do you have the Messages set to under Calls and Messages in the Routine?

You can choose from All, Contacts Only, Favorite Contacts only, or None.

0 Likes
SeanNY2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

That sounds perfect. I'll give it a try.

0 Likes
SeanNY2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Well I tried that and now I get no notifications. I set Work Mode to 9 am to 11:30 pm. I confirmed that it is now on. In Work Mode I set Do Not Disturb with exceptions for Whatsapp and Messages. 

0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Try getting rid of the Mode and setting this up as a Routine instead. I've noticed on my S23+ that Routines do a much better job reverting settings when they end than Modes do. Routines also offer you a choice of what you want the settings to do when the Routine ends (revert to the state before the Routine ran, stay the same, force on/off).

I hope they fix this issue with Modes in an update. This issue is the one thing that keeps me from using Modes much.1709073995331.jpg1709074150774.jpg
0 Likes
SeanNY2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

This worked and I'm grateful to you for the time spent explaining it to me. The ghost notifications were driving me crazy.