Original topic:

Google Photo's and texting

(Topic created: 08-18-2023 04:05 AM)
Barnsworth
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Greetings all!

So I have spent hours (literally) trying to figure this out.  I'm trying to make Google photos my default in my text messages.

Is there anyway to click this button,

screenshot1.jpg

and have Google photo's come up?  Or is there anyway to click the + button beside it and have it added to this menu?

screenshot2.jpg

Also since I have these screenshots up I just recently noticed the camera in the gallery and a tab called folders that I never noticed before.  I don't every remember seeing them before, what have I done?!

Screenshot3.jpg

This is in Google message app for what it's worth.

Apologies for anything obvious I'm missing.  Coming from a iPhone for the last 12 years and this is all new to me.

Thank you for any light you can shine on this for me, much appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Sorry to say you can't set it as default if you click the camera icon then click folders across the top it will have drive-gallery-my files and a few others you can slide it back and forth and google photos is listed there

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

4 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Barnsworth AFAIK, this is not possible. 

You would need to open Google Photos, select the photo, click the Share icon, and then select the Messages app. 

0 Likes
Barnsworth
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hmm, dang, I was afraid of that. I kind of figured through all my research I'd ran across something. This post was a last ditch effort.

Is there anyway though to remove the camera from the gallery as seen in my third screens shot? For some reason (and I just got this phone like a week ago) I don't remember it always being there. Seemed like it just used to be the samsung gallery???

Regardless I appreciate the response! I. Kind of living and learning here with the android system..
0 Likes
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Sorry to say you can't set it as default if you click the camera icon then click folders across the top it will have drive-gallery-my files and a few others you can slide it back and forth and google photos is listed there

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Barnsworth
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thanks Gary for the response!