JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I transfer purchased themes from previous phone

(Topic created: a month ago)
tiny78fish
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hi, is there any way for me to be able to transfer all my themes I bought and downloaded on my other s series 22 galaxy device to my new phone? I don't see a way how.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, Thank you for being part of the Community! We know how disappointing it is to not be able to use your favorite themes and fonts on a new phone.

Have you tried opening the Galaxy Store and then selecting More in the bottom corner? Then tap on My apps. In the bar, tap on Themes. This will show a list of purchased Themes. 

Tap Themes next to the drop-down arrow and change it to Fonts. Here you can see purchased Fonts.

In each of the lists tap the ones you want to download. Some of them may need to be updated to be compatible. Unfortunately, not all themes will be compatible.

Let us know if this helps.

View solution in context

7 Replies
tiny78fish
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Found out we can't because the themes are phone specific šŸ˜­
MelissaD
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yep. Sucks to be right sometimes.
MelissaD
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I was sad when I lost the ones I wanted to bring to a new device.
tiny78fish
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I know and all the money spent is irritating, especially if you have one you are currently using and can't even apply it. I only found a couple from my other phone that works with this one.

It's also kinda strange you can't transfer the fonts either, that I thought you could always do regardless.
BlkJmsBnd
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I understand how you feel, I lost a couple of themes and wallpapers, too, but for the most part, you can go back into the Galaxy Themes and Wallpapers section and relocate them. Some you can find right away, others may take a while if you don't know the names of them. Being that you already paid for them, you'll only have to re-downloaded them.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, Thank you for being part of the Community! We know how disappointing it is to not be able to use your favorite themes and fonts on a new phone.

Have you tried opening the Galaxy Store and then selecting More in the bottom corner? Then tap on My apps. In the bar, tap on Themes. This will show a list of purchased Themes. 

Tap Themes next to the drop-down arrow and change it to Fonts. Here you can see purchased Fonts.

In each of the lists tap the ones you want to download. Some of them may need to be updated to be compatible. Unfortunately, not all themes will be compatible.

Let us know if this helps.

MelissaD
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thank you for that information. I did find some and updated them. But some were no longer compatible. Excellent information.