JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Navigating is the WORST!

(Topic created: 12-13-2023 10:31 PM)
CrzyCatLdy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I have the newest Galaxy Z Flip 5 phone. Whenever I'm in an app & swipe up from the bottom of my phone to pull up "recent apps" it doesn't matter where I touch on the screen, I can't do anything except go back to an app in my recents or close them all just to go to my home screen! I literally have to select the little search icon at the top above my recent apps & search for another app just to be able to get to my home screen while I'm in an app!! I used to be able to just touch anywhere outside of my recent apps to go to my home screen. It's bad enough that they took it upon themselves to rearrange all of my quick link apps that I personally had arranged in the way that worked best for ME as it's MY PHONE! But this particular habit is YEARS in the making of owning Samsung phones & NOT one that I can just easily break at the snap of an update. Samsung needs to fix this. Like IMMEDIATELY. I'm so not kidding. 

I'm wondering if this issue is across Samsung devices that this is happening, just the Flips or specifically to the Flip 5? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userFabnV9Kxdw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
home screen gesture is an upwards flick, without holding your finger in place. tapping an empty space should bring you to the home screen, afaik it's a bug at the moment

View solution in context

4 Replies
havvendar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Pretty sure that's a just a Flip thing. Istg Samsung is ahead of its time. I feel like they're forcing the Flip line to work but it just has sooo many issues. The new update is actually amazing (I have the note 23 Ultra) but I don't doubt it totally messed up the Flips. I had the flip4, it had so many little issues like that, and it lasted 2 months before the screens became unresponsive and blacked out (Tip: don't drop it because while the screens won't crack, the inside hardware will be messed up).
CrzyCatLdy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
That's a major bummer if so because I traded my S23 ultra for the Flip 5 mostly because I have small hands & just loved the idea of a flip phone. Lol I've had it since the summer and haven't had a single issue with it until now! And I've gotten it wet several times & dropped it a couple times, still, it's never missed a beat. Even now, I wouldn't say this issue is with the phone itself since it happened as a result of the update. I just hope they fix it. Because it's SUPER annoying.
0 Likes
Solution
userFabnV9Kxdw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
home screen gesture is an upwards flick, without holding your finger in place. tapping an empty space should bring you to the home screen, afaik it's a bug at the moment
CrzyCatLdy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
You legit just saved my life, & possibly my phones life. 😂 No but seriously, thank you. At least this is a gesture I can deal with for the time being!
0 Likes