Original topic:

Samsungs New Z Flip 5

(Topic created: 01-16-2024 07:02 AM)
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

galaxy-z-flip5-B5-B2B-Processor-In-page-D.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 is the latest foldable smartphone from Samsung. It was announced today July 26, 2023, and is scheduled to be released in August 2023.

The Z Flip 5 has a number of improvements over its predecessor, the Galaxy Z Flip 3. These include a larger cover screen, a more durable hinge, and a faster processor. The cover screen is now 3.4 inches, up from 1.9 inches on the Z Flip 3. This makes it easier to see notifications and use widgets without having to open the phone. The hinge is also more durable, thanks to a new design that uses more metal. This should make the phone more resistant to wear and tear.

The Z Flip 5 is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor, which is the latest and greatest from Qualcomm. This should provide a significant performance boost over the Snapdragon 888 processor in the Z Flip 3. The Z Flip 5 also has 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.

Other features of the Z Flip 5 include a 6.7-inch AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, a 12MP rear camera, and a 10MP front camera. The phone also has a 3700mAh battery, which should provide decent battery life.

The Z Flip 5 is available in three colors: Exclusive colors only at Samsung.com Gray, Blue, Green, Yellow and the following colors are Available at Carriers - Graphite, Lavender, Cream, Mint. It is priced starting at $999.99 for the 256GB and 999.99 for the 512GB including a free storage Upgrade basic price was 1119.99.

Overall, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 is a significant improvement over its predecessor. It has a larger cover screen, a more durable hinge, a faster processor, and a more stylish design. If you're looking for a foldable smartphone that's both stylish and powerful, the Z Flip 5 is a great option.

Here are some pros and cons of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5:

Pros:

• Larger cover screen
  • More durable hinge
  • Faster processor
  • Stylish design
  • Long battery life
  • IPX8 water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 min)

Cons:

• Expensive
  • No expandable storage

Overall, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 is a great foldable smartphone. It has a number of improvements over its predecessor, and it's a stylish and powerful device. However, it is expensive, and it doesn't have expandable storage.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
92 Replies
Lazsoul
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Cover screen is a very cool and nice feature of the Samsung z flip 5. But there could be improvements

Improvements I want the most is
1) control panel and volume panel improvements and for it to match the theme of the opened phone. Ex I customized my volume and control panel to be black but on the cover screen it doesn't carry over and you cannot customize it.
2) You cannot connect a Bluetooth device on the cover screen. Make it so you can

krisfla
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
How do I make icons larger?
0 Likes
harv134
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I genuinely love my z flip 3, I have had it for a year and no issues. When. I got it I replaced the samsung screen protector with a skinomi techskin. No case, I have gotten a few scuffs on housing and that's fine for me. The ultra thin glass wasn't a problem and it does get hot in the summer. The battery life is average, I love this foldable, for sure buying the z flip 6 used in almost 3 years.
msmylaw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I'm not liking my phone. The body is too narrow to text 
Jeppa40
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Why don't you like your phone and what kind of phone is it ?
msmylaw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Flipz
Jeppa40
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
What brand ?
0 Likes
goudd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I've been using a Note 20 Ultra since June 2021 and its still been perfect except experiencing one temporary green line of death so I want to upgrade to the Z Flip 4 (a dream phone of mine) but I'm a bit confused regarding my decision after seeing mostly cons in the subreddit with high repair costs. I probably won't do high usage on it for gaming or scrolling reels as I will keep my N20U, so will it be worth it to upgrade to ZF4 from it or should I look for cheaper S23 or S22 Ultra prices?

MykahAngelo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
If you really want the flip I reccomended the Z flip 5 and you could trade in your note to lower the price or seek deals with other sites like best buy (or even open box). The 5 has fixed many issues people had with the 4. Aside from this, the 5 will do 1 free screen protector and 1 free inner/main screen glass replacement if you send it into samsung under the Z Assurance program. If the idea of other repairs still stresses you could consider a warranty, but it does hold up well as seen in video from JerryRigEverything on youtube.
I wouldn't recommend the 4 if your concern is repairs & if you decide against the flip, honestly, there is no point in you upgrading to the 22 or 23 ultra unless you need a better camera or higher processing speed.
0 Likes
Rahsaan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Z Fold 6 is around the corner ...I would wait for that.
0 Likes