Original topic:

Do not disturb for gaming

(Topic created: 07-25-2024 05:34 AM)
Catsjc1175
Asteroid
Options
Gamer
DnD for gaming is not a bad idea, as long as I have control over when it gets turned on. Otherwise it's a disaster waiting to happen!!!! The fact that it turns on automatically and doesn't inform the user is absolutely, and undeniably one of the worst ideas EVER! I missed some very important calls due to this feature, yeah I was a bit frustrated when I found that out, but what really ended up being the last straw was when I attempted to turn off DnD, I was informed that I cannot it turn off. Please, someone, fix this. 
9 Replies
Noobie
Nebula
Options
Gamer
Gaming hub >> Three dots >> Game booster >> block during game >> Turn off "notifications"
0 Likes
Noobie
Nebula
Options
Gamer
You can still turn dnd on manually using priority mode in game booster icon shown on the game
0 Likes
Catsjc1175
Asteroid
Options
Gamer
I don't want dnd turned on, it doesn't give me the choice to turn it off.
0 Likes
Catsjc1175
Asteroid
Options
Gamer
It shows as off, but still dnd is still on. 1722659073202.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Gamer

You can create a custom mode or routine for gaming that you can turn on/off manually or automate. Or you can just manually activate/deactivate DND when you play your game.

Catsjc1175
Asteroid
Options
Gamer
Thank you for your work around, but it needs to be fixed.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Gamer

The whole idea of customization is that you have control of what happens during certain activities.  You want DND for gaming, then create a new mode, call it gaming, and have it activate automatically.  That is the whole reason for modes and routines.  Just because there is not a pre-set mode, doesn't mean you can't make one.  This one's on you, bud. As an example of how to do it, see the photo.  The way I have it set is that it can be turned on automatically or manually, you can add other parameters, but this should suffice. You can even add a widget directly to it on your screen to easily turn it on or off manually.

Screenshot_20240813_105215_Modes and Routines.jpg

RIPPYSHIPPY
Asteroid
Options
Gamer
You do have control... Most average users do not have a clue on how to personally optimize their phone beyond the samsung recommend... I do not promote Canta and Shizuku with developer mode turned on with wireless debugging turned on, but look into that. It helps with a lot of issues, and I see around 7 to 7.5GB ram available.

Turn off extended ram. It kills your storage and slows your phone down.
Members_5LsV9aw
Constellation
Options
Gamer

I read you reply to him about turn on and off your gaming in the mode, now is that mean can stop paying for the ad's in the game??

0 Likes