JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Game launcher shows a very wrong play time status??

(Topic created: 05-22-2023 02:27 PM)
Whois_he_
Astronaut
Options
Gamer

For NO reason it shows, that I have played this game for more than 1376 Hours

But i only played this game less than about 2 hours 

Can someone explain this???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Gamer

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern of the Launcher showing Game Play when you haven't used the app.

It is possible the game has been running in the background and the Game Launcher is calculating that time. 

We recommend disabling the background usage of the game to prevent this behavior. Settings>Apps>Select the game app>Mobile Data> Toggle off Allow background data usage.

You can also refresh the Game Launcher app by clearing the app cache. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

Please let us know if this helps.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Gamer

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern of the Launcher showing Game Play when you haven't used the app.

It is possible the game has been running in the background and the Game Launcher is calculating that time. 

We recommend disabling the background usage of the game to prevent this behavior. Settings>Apps>Select the game app>Mobile Data> Toggle off Allow background data usage.

You can also refresh the Game Launcher app by clearing the app cache. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

Please let us know if this helps.

Whois_he_
Astronaut
Options
Gamer
Hey, thanks for replying
Thanks for the solution, but I'm pretty sure that's not the right solution because it was a one day effect

Meaning: i checked the status before two days without running the game, and the other day after it, I ran the game for about 5 minutes

Anyway it's not affecting performance so it's not a problem

In the end I cleared cache and it worked
So thanks again