cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosadocc
Asteroid

Samsung Gear S3 Battery Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have seen this issue all over this community as well as forums outside of Samsung. My Gear S3 Frontier has been having poor battery performance in recent months. It just so happened to start when the warranty expired back in January 2018. Since then the battery goes dead in about 4 hours. This is with just about everything off except for bluetooth. This has made the watch practically useless. 

After trying different methods to troubleshoot, from rebooting, re-pairing to my phone, and hard resets, nothing worked. I then reached out to Samsung Support and shipped my watch for repair. I was initially told that they will contact me with repair costs after a tech looks at it. Today I got a bill of @$248.92 ($64.95 standard fee, $165 LCD repair fee, and $18.97 tax). This is nearly the retail price for a brand new watch. In writing this, Best Buy actually has it on sale for $275.

Has anyone else had to go through this get their watch repaired? I find this cost unfair being that although its barely outside the manufacturer warranty, this is obviously a Samsung defect with several of the Gear S3s. I am now stuck on either paying the costs or just requesting my defected watch back and buying an Apple watch (who by the way is known to fully replace watches at no cost). 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rosadocc
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Gear S3 Battery Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update in case anyone comes across this. I spoke with a customer service supervisor and all they could offer is 30% off on the repair costs. I had to either take it or leave it right then and there on the phone. This brought the repair costs down to about $173. Unfortunately I had no choice but to take the offer. Too bad that the watch last two years and needed such a huge repair. The repair comes with a 90 day warranty so hopefully the battery doesnt start failing on me on the 91st day. 

This experience and another experience I had with a Galaxy phone has made me go to other companies for my tech products. I was once a huge Samsung supporter, exclusively going to Samsung for my tech. It seems like their products and service have been on the decline. 

85 REPLIES 85
Rosadocc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update in case anyone comes across this. I spoke with a customer service supervisor and all they could offer is 30% off on the repair costs. I had to either take it or leave it right then and there on the phone. This brought the repair costs down to about $173. Unfortunately I had no choice but to take the offer. Too bad that the watch last two years and needed such a huge repair. The repair comes with a 90 day warranty so hopefully the battery doesnt start failing on me on the 91st day. 

This experience and another experience I had with a Galaxy phone has made me go to other companies for my tech products. I was once a huge Samsung supporter, exclusively going to Samsung for my tech. It seems like their products and service have been on the decline. 

userFi95nbMrSC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had another solution when they asked me for money I told them to send it back because I wasnt putting anymore money into the watch. Bluetooth off airplane mode on do not disturb on get almost 20 hours out of it.

Carlos_7538
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not fit for purpose, why did the Lcd module need replacing for a battery issue. I'd get on social media if I were you and create some merry heck.

(apparently Hotel echo Lima Lima is a bad word.......)

@Rosadocc wrote:

Purchase price plus the repair price in 2.5 years? I've already decided no more Samsung products after this watch dies.

Mine went in under warranty and had Lcd, motherboard,  battery and charger replaced. I've seen somewhere already selling parts for the S3, some of the phone repair places probably already repair smart watches.

userPuXwUmCYq8
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Samsung,

My watch is a 

SM-R760

Tizen 3.0.0.2

R760XXU2CRH1

Knox 2.2.0

SE fot Tizen 1.0.0

TIMA 3.0.0

The battery lasts less than 6 hours from 100% to 0%.

Without even wearing it, depletes 30% in the first hour out of the cradle.

if your only response is to send the watch to service and pay for the repairs, save it, I won’t do it.

A friend did send her watch for service, paid for it, and the problem was not solved.

So I’d prefer to dump the device and buy another not Samsung product.

Looking forward to a solution

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPuXwUmCYq8 Is your watch a Bluetooth or Carrier version? 

userPuXwUmCYq8
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Jecca,

it is a Bluetooth.

thank you

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPuXwUmCYq8 There is a new update out that should resolve this issue. What is your current baseband version? 

userPuXwUmCYq8
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Jecca,

Sorry for my ignorance. What is a baseband version? Or where can I find it?

user7D1HLpet5X
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have experienced the same with battery life degraded recently.  Before the latest update mine would last 2-3 days but now only lasts a day.  I have done multiple resets, uninstalled the latest gear app and reinstalled.  It is a shame if the latest update Samsung pushed did something with the battery life.  I have searched the web and these forums and seems alot of customers are affected.  What is the solution Samsung????