JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Backlight Bleed TU8570

(Topic created: 02-21-2021 10:54 AM)
pbng80
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I recently purchased 43" TU8570 and noticed backlight bleeding around the edges. I called in an engineer who told me that is normal for all Edge LEDs.

My 10 year old Samsung 26" LED never had this problem, so I didn't know that this is 'Normal'.

Could you members please take a look at the pictures and tell me if this is normal/acceptable?

Thanks

IMG_20210213_002835.jpg

IMG_20210213_002746.jpg

IMG_20210213_002826.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

If this occurs on all sources and during the picture test, seeing that this was recently purchased,  I would recommend taking this back to the store for an exchange. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
pbng80
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I called in two Samsung engineers (including one senior tech) who said that this is 'Normal' and is called the MURA effect. I knew they trying to get out of any obligation of replacing the unit. I don't understand how such a 'glaring' defect can be termed Normal by Samsung

I always thought Samsung is a premium brand with superior quality control but I was wrong.

Lost all my trust on samsung

0 Likes