JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One Connect Box intermittent issues!!

(Topic created: 05-26-2021 11:11 AM)
userQgt1Udt2zx
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the Samsung SUHD 55" 8500, Model UN55KS8500FXZA. Its around 4-5 years old at this point. It has worked perfectly fine, and then I had it stored in my storage unit for about a year while I was away for work. I have I now set back up and it was working perfectly fine for a few days. Then out of the blue, I started getting a message on the screen that it was having issues connecting to the One Connect box. It would freeze before hand, not allowing me to turn the tv off with the remote, and not able to get into the smart apps. If I pull the power and restart the TV, it works for a little bit, then eventually will lock up again and say it can't connect to the One Connect box again. I did update the TV to the latest version, and also performed a factory reset, but the issue persists.

I did some searching, and didn't find anything specific for a fix. Of course I'm out of warranty at this point. Not sure if there is anything I can try aside from what I did above, or if I will need to replace the One Connect box and/or the cable? 

3 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you for reaching out and I understand how frustrating this may be, have any of the connections been moved are look like they are broken in any way? Also, does this occur after unplugging and replugging the one connect box? If any of the cables are damaged you can purchase them here at http://www.samsungparts.com/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userQgt1Udt2zx
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you for the reply. I did inspect the connections and I do not see any visual evidence that something is wrong/missing/corroded.  The one connect cable itself is intact and not damaged visually and not kinked. I have unplugged and replugged the box, but when i do this, the tv will reboot itself, but then come up in a frozen state. Sometimes TV content will play when it comes back up, but it wont respond to any remote inputs. Then after a while it will give me the "Cannot connect to the One Connect" box error. 

I then have to pull the power completely out of the back, then back on to get it to work right for at least a little while.

Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Since this is still occurring and everything seems fine with the cables and you have done the relevant troubleshooting this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes